Posted by on
Plain stitch or lock stitch sewing machine plays an important role in readymade garments sector. This types of machine is widely used in garments manufacturing sector. Plain stitch or lock stitch sewing m/c contains some features which are mentioned in this article.
Features of Plain Stitch Sewing Machine:
There are different types of key features of lock stitch or plain stitch sewing machine which are mentioned in the following:
- Lock stitch or plain stitch is the most common sewing machine which is vastly used at woven fabric in readymade garments industries.
- It is more secured sewing machine.
- Here, the number of needles is one or sometimes two.
- Stitch density is variable here and CT-8700 of CITY-sewing can produce a stitch of maximum 5mm.
- SPM of lock stitch or plain stitch sewing machine varies from 1500-5500.
- Different types of feed mechanism are used in this type of machine such as puller feed, top feed, bottom feed, compound feed and differential feed.
- Here, some automatic lock stitch is provided with the automatic bobbin winder and automatic thread trimmer.
- Some lock stitch or plain stitch machine is also provided with pre programming device and also perform the below functions:
- Selvedge sensing and stitching in a straight line.
- A thread sensor which sense that minimum amount of thread in the bobbin and provides necessary signal.
Button hole sewing machineFeatures of Buttonhole Sewing Machine:There are various characteristics or features of a buttonhole sewing m/c which are pointed out in the below:Button hole sewing machine is normally a straight or shaped slit cut. In button hole sewing m/c, adjustments to the control cam and the gear drive after the stitch density and button [...]
According to the operating system, there are two types of sewing machines are available in the readymade garment garments sector. Those are- Manually operated sewing machine,Electrically operated sewing machine.All the above machine types have explained in the below:1. Manually operated sewing machine:The machine where sewing is done by using physical power is termed as manually operated [...]
Types of Stitch Used in GarmentsStitch:Stitch is very important during manufacturing a garment. Stitch can be defined as, one unit of conformation resulting from one or more strands or loops of thread by intra-looping, inter-looping and interlacing. Stitch quality is measured with stitch size, stitch length, width, depth, tension, sequence, elongation, elasticity, resilience, fabric distortion, [...]